Fall is my favourite season. Bring on the Fall Fantasy!
Dana wrote a post in 2015 with our fall favourites, and it’s one of our most viewed posts this time of year. I thought I’d do an updated version of that post with more ways to infuse storytimes with a sense of wonder and excitement for the changing of the seasons. Here are some additional ideas for songs, rhymes, and books to share in storytime this autumn.
Check our Fall Pinterest board for even more choices! Here are some picks that were published since our last post.
Songs and Rhymes
Here are three of my favourite Jbrary videos about the fall.
And here are some videos from the King County Library System that make excellent use of the crunch sound.
This simple one from the Johnson County Library would make a great stretching rhyme.
Here are some of my favourite felt pieces to use during the fall.
Looking for even more fall storytime inspiration? Check out these posts:
- Fall Storytime by Sturdy for Common Things
- Fall Storytime by Storytime Katie
- Fall Storytime by Adventure in Storytime (And Beyond)
- Preschool Storytime: Fall by Abby the Librarian
- Baby Storytime: Fall (Again) by Mel’s Desk
- Storytime Out Loud Podcast: Hello, Fall
- Apples & Autumn Storytime by Literary Hoots
What are your favourite things to do in storytime in the fall? Let me know in the comments!